Referal Program Events On Going!
Daily Events

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PH Roleplay
Grand Opening! Donation Big Sale!
Referal Program Events On Going!
Daily Events
PH Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial

2 posters

Go down

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Empty [Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial

Post by Megan Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:28 am

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte13
By: Megan

Hello everybody, Megan here. In this thread, You will learn more about the insights of Role playing. I will give you the relevant information about its vital parts. Role playing, when you think of it, is very easy. But it isn't just about /me and /do; Writing random sentences on it, it is also about how you act on it. The more harder the situation that you are going to rp - The more you will be better in roleplaying. Role playing, as well, is putting a personality in your character; If you are a Mexican, Act like it. Do some gestures, speak a little bit of spanish and do more research about the characteristics of a Mexican person. That way, You can increase your RP skills without the use of /me and /do; Pretty clever right?

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte14

It is very important for you to know the OOC Rules; they can affect the quality of your roleplay and if you dont avoid those offenses, You may get jailed or maybe even get deranked from your family or faction leader. So i will give you the specific description on what the offenses are; what way will you manage to encounter such situation; and examples on that offense.
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte16
Very easy to encounter, Usually this offense can be done if you are mixing an Out of Character information IC'ly, Vice Versa, IC'ly OOC'ly and then telling the information that you got OOC'ly IC'ly. This is tolerable at some time though, But it isn't helpful.

You can encounter this offense without knowing in a way.

Examples of this is when somebody tells them their nicknames , Nicknames. Then, the other day you told him his name instead of his nickname. Boom, you metagamed ! That situation is rare for some reason, but it is very tricky for some people; for at times, they forget that they only have been told by their nicknames.

Examples of this Offense:

1. Megan Torelli says: [Canadian Accent] Really? lol, omg that is so good.

2. Megan Torelli says: [Canadian Accent] That mans name is John ! i saw it above his head (In Real life, You can't see their names above their heads. Even if they wear nametags irl, Not all of them atleast.)

3. Megan Torelli says: [Canadian Accent] He doesn't have a gun, he told me in /b man (Obvious Metagame ! ^_^)

-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte18
Another thing that is very easy to encounter with, So try to avoid it as soon as possible. You can obtain that offense by forcing someone to be dead; kicked or anything that you want to happen to him. Also, doing things that isn't legit. By legit, I mean walking like a normal person and things that you can do in real life.

You can encounter this offense without knowing in a way.

Examples of this is when you are selling materials to someone. 60% of the server just use: /me takes out the materials and gives it to the person ; /do do you take it? Ha !, Powergaming; Can people just take out materials? This isn't magic. Role playing again, must be applied. You should specifically tell where the materials are, where you give it and how do you give it to him. People just don't do this anymore, making the other players to do the same thing without knowing its
powergaming.

Examples of this offenses:

1. Megan Torelli lifts up his fist and punches him in the mouth, making you knocked out and unconscious.

2. Jat Khalifa shouts: Freeze don't move !
Jat Khalifa takes out his cuffs and tries to posses it in Megan's wrist's
Megan Torelli punches Jat in the face and runs away without hesitation

3. Megan Torelli takes out a gun from her skirt. (Seriously? Skirt?
hahaha)
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte19
The other offenses can easily be avoided, But make sure not to forget them in your blacklist. If you do those things, it means you are just trolling or maybe bored, which is very punishable and bannable.

If you want the full list of them, check this li
nk
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte21
Here are some list of some roleplay situations; This situations are an example of what we call "Roleplay". I gave this to you guys, because this are applicable and very neat to see. If you don't want this kind of /me or /do, you can simply change them into something more unique and interesting.

Situation 1: Selling Stuff (Materials)
In this situation, you are the man named John_Stick; that is wearing a very nifty jacket whilst riding a car on the sidewalk waiting for the guy named Don Dan which is about to purchase your 'products' . He noticed you and started to approach towards you, you roll down the windows.

*John Stick rolls down the windows - looking at the guy approaching him.
*Windows down ((John Stick))
*Don Dan says: [Mexican Accent] Oy gringo, Do you have the items for me mayne?
*John Stick says: [American Accent] Sure i do
*John Stick steps out of them vehicle slowly , standing up with a tough gesture.
*Don Dan steps back a few steps away from him - glancing at him from head to toe
*Don Dan says: [Mexican Accent] Don't'chu dare tell this to the cops a'right brother?
*John Stick says: [American Accent] Dont worry, i'm an illegal man myself. I could get arrested if i tell it to the cops
*Don Dan says: [Mexican Accent] Alright mayne, hand me the case.
*John Stick walks towards his vehicle trunk - popping it open.
*Trunk is now open ((John Stick))
*John Stick bends down , searching for the case - grabs the case then shuts the trunk close.
*Trunk is now close ((John Stick))
*John Stick walks back to Don Dan while holding a black case in his right hand.
*John Stick says: [American Accent] Here it is, now hand me the money.
*Don Dan reaches for his pocket - taking it out , grabbing a bill of 5000$.
*Do you notice the cash ? ((Don Dan))
*Yes ((John Stick))
*John Stick slides the case to Don Dan's legs while extends his arms awaiting for the payment.
*Don Dan bends down while grabbing the case - extending his arms to John with the cash.
*Do you take it? ((Don Dan))
*Yes ((John Stick))
*John Stick takes the cash then puts it in his pocket - waving Don Dan goodbye.
*Don Dan says: [Mexican Accent] Thanks mayne, i better bail too ese'.
*Don Dan turns around 360 degrees from John - running away hysterically as fast as he can.
*John Stick walks confidently to his vehicle - chilling inside it.

Situation 2: Getting arrested
In this situation, Players mostly just run away non-rp'ly. This situation provides the uses of /me's and /do's when it comes to getting arrested. Police will take care most of the job on its way. Also, what happens here is that a guy named Sargo Mill got arrested for selling illegal narcotics by the gym by officer Jat Khalifa

*Sargo Mill slowly hands the materials to the guy while smiling at him confidently.
*Do i succesfully give you the materials ((Sargo Mill))
*Jat Khalifa unholsters his weapon from his utility belt then points it at the back of Sargo.
*Jat Khalifa shouts: [Red Head Accent] Put your hands up criminal !
*Failed - I ran away from you ((Guy))
*Sargo Mill slowly raises his both hands above the air.
*Sargo Mill says: [American Accent] Officer , officer. This is not what it looks like, the man's grandma was sick and needs medicine
*Jat Khalifa says: [Red Head Accent] Quit your yappering and cross your arms at your back.
*Sargo Mill relocates both of his arms at his back, crossing it afterwards.
*Jat Khalifa takes out some cuffs then possesses the man with it.
*You are now cuffed ((Jat Khalifa))
*Jat Khalifa attempts to frisk Sargo.
*Do i succeed? ((Jat Khalifa))
*Yeah ((Sargo Mill))
*Jat Khalifa says: [Red Headed Accent] Well well well, what do we have here? Illegal Drugs ey? You will be sent to prison.
*Sargo Mill says: [American Accent] Just let me explain
*Jat Khalifa says: [Red Headed Accent] You have the right to remain silent
*Jat Khalifa attempts to push Sargo to his vehicle
*Do i succeed? ((Jat Khalifa))*Yes ((Sargo Mill))
*Jat Khalifa pushes Sargo Mill into the vehicle - stepping the gas then drives away.

These /me's and /do's must be applied guys; it adds peace and harmony on the flow of the roleplay situation. Just remember to alway's be in your personality in roleplaying while doing /me's and /do's at the same time. That way, it can help you improve your roleplaying skills.
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte22
I will specificly explain to you what are the uses of each command. There's only 2 commands which is the /me's and /do's , those commands helps you indicate what you are doing and what you are going to do. It adds spice on what you are doing which makes it the bomb and entertaining.
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte23
The use of /me is to simply emphasize the things that you are doing. Your actions are reliable to /me, cause if you don't use /me; Confusions will be altered into the situation, dimishing the event.

Here are some examples:
/me takes out a pistol from the pocket of his jacket - pointing it at the person in front of him.
(This /me explains that he is taking out a pistol, alarming the guy that is going to be pointed with a gun at. anytime now, he is gonna raise his hands up. Cause if he don't, he will be reported.

/me smiles at her - touching her face , attempting to kiss her.
(This is a situation where you let them decide whether to let her kiss you or not. In my case, haha. If you do not use such sentence, you will be punished for power gaming)
Spoiler:
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte24
/do command is to emphasize to take the action, or to decline it. Another use of this command is to describe what is happening in the surrounding area or in the situation which is currently happening. Without the /do command, You couldn't describe or tell whether to take the action or not.

Here are some examples:
/do Do you have any reaction?
(This command is a continuation of the /me. This time, it indicates whether what your reaction might be after he pointed a gun at you; Were you terrified? anxious?)

/do Do you let me kiss you?
(Again, a continuation. This one let's the girl to decide whether to let him kiss her or not. if you do not reply, its Auto S)

Replies:

/do S - This one indicates if one did succeed in the situation. Reply /do Auto - S no reply, if he does not reply in time.

/do F [Reason] - This one indicates if someone fails to do so. You must put a reason or else you will be powergaming agian.
-

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Coolte25
Here are some tips for you guys if you want to improve your /me's and /do's or even your roleplaying skills.

[center]First, your character must follow its own personalities. What do i mean by that? It means that if you are an American, you must act and think like an American. Search about the places of America and identify its own atmosphere. It is a guarantee that your roleplay will increase and many more people will appreciate you.

Secondly, you should have alot of knowledge about stuff. Like in real life, people have their own professions; your character should have one as well. It adds another roleplay points which makes it even more realistic. More knowledge means better RP'ing.

Thirdly, a wide vocabulary. Doing /me's and /do's is a pretty easy job. But building up glamorous sentences can take some time to think of, you should be careful on what you /me and /do. Cause, it'll affect the result of the situation. Although, you can find ways in order for it to be back on track.

Finally, you should always be fast especially when it comes to typing. I myself, is an average typer; I am still learning to be fast. Although, i can cope up with some rp situations. Make sure you type fast or you'll be left out and it will diminish it's entertaining pose.

-
[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Sa-mp-12
Keep growing guys ! Roleplay to the Max !

More fun in the Philipines :3

PM me if you have questions
Megan
Megan

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Empty Re: [Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial

Post by yukito7 Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:06 am

very useful guide megan. tnx
yukito7
yukito7

https://www.facebook.com/14christopher14

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial Empty Re: [Tutorial] Advanced Roleplay Tutorial

Post by Megan Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 pm

yukito7 wrote:very useful guide megan. tnx
tnx
Megan
Megan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down